The Arkania projects include ArkCORE
, the open-source projects behind the World of Warcraft Emulator
. This site houses the documentation, code and binaries related to the Arkania projects and is intended for developers and users interested in learning about and contributing to the emulation scene. Contributions from the community are essential to its growth and success. Anyone can contribute on any level, even with simply bugs report or ideas, if you wish to support our project and get involed please come to our forums
Arkania projects are available for Windows, and most — if not all — platforms where GCC is available. Both 32-bit / 64-bit builds are supported, and tested during development. We support builds using Visual Studio and the GNU build system.
ArkCORE is powered by a powerful cast of characters comprised of several languages and technologies. These include:
- a database backend either based on MySQL or PostgreSQL,
- command line utilities to create and maintain game content,
- Bash, Python, and Ruby scripts to spice up development,
- and code documentation compatible with Doxygen.
What to do now?
- If you are new to this world and just want to test the server in your house and you're using Windows you can simply download the latest build of ArkCORE and the latest version of ArkDB from here.
- If you're new and you are using Windows but you want to try something more difficult and compile your own ArkCORE you can go to our wiki
- If you're new and you are using Linux but you want to try something more difficult and compile your own ArkCORE you can go to our wiki
- If you're new and you're a developer and you're curious to support our project, you can go to the forums
In any case we invite you to visit us in the forums!
is an attempt to replicate the blizz world EXACTLY -- without trade offs / workarounds / omissions. Will it ever happen, probably not. Blizz changes things WAY faster than we can keep up. Is the main database of our emulators, inside it contains all the necessary information needed to play, for example: creatures, objects, items, destinations, texts, gossips, pages, events, translations into other languages, some of spells and others.
is an emulator based on Skyfire which itself is based on Trinity / MaNGOS is written mostly in C++ which uses several of open source dependencies such as ACE, g3dlite, etc. Is cross platform and can be run on Linux, Windows and Mac is considered stable but is in constant development, this emulator supports. ArkCORE support World of Warcraft 4.0.6 Client but also can be used any client under 4.3.0 build
Like ArkCORE is based on las TrinityCORE, but is not ready yet for long play but you can always try! .ArkCORE2 support World of Warcraft 4.3.4 Client